About MBDA LA
Our MissionThe mission of the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Business Center- Los Angeles is to foster the growth and global competitiveness of U.S. businesses that are minority-owned by facilitating transactions through referrals, business consulting, access to markets, and access to capital.
In addition, MBDA seeks to assist clients to achieve their growth objectives by connecting them with prospective strategic partners through business-to-business matching, teaming arrangements, joint ventures, or other strategic advisory services.
The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Business Center – Los Angeles, is operated by the University of Southern California (USC) in partnership with the City of Los Angeles, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development. We are one Center with two locations and are a part of the national network of over 40 MBDA Business Centers, funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce - Minority Business Development Agency.
The focus of the MBDA Business Center (MBC) is to secure large public and/or private contracts and finance transactions, stimulate job creation and facilitate entry into the global markets for Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) with gross revenues of $1 million or more and/or in a high growth industry such as green technology, clean energy, health care, infrastructure and broadband technology.
MBC provides fee-based consulting services to companies owned or controlled by the following persons or groups of persons: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian and Pacific Islander Americans, Native Americans (including Alaska Natives, Alaska Native Corporations and Tribal entities), Asian Indian Americans and Hasidic Jewish Americans. See 15 CFR § 1400.1-.2 and Executive Order 11625.
- Growth plans and capacity-building needs assessment by senior-level business consultants/executives.
- Access to Markets: including but not limited to Federal & other public contracting opportunities and strategic corporate matchmaking.
- Export assessments and matchmaking opportunities by International Trade Specialists.
- Access to Capital: Introductions to banking executives, bonding specialists, international trade finance experts, and equity sources.
- Access to Strategic Business Consulting by the Center staff and/or a network of external resources.
Start-up and/or micro firms are served by referral to our strategic partnership network or electronic service delivery mechanisms (e.g., MBDA Business Portal) and/or the City of Los Angeles network of Business Source Centers.
For more information, please visit: www.losangelesworks.org/.