City of Los Angeles Minority Business Awards & Conference
Since 1994, the MBDA Center – Los Angeles has honored outstanding local minority businesses each year through the Annual Minority Business Awards Program. The purpose of the program is to recognize the role that minority entrepreneurs play in building the American economy through the creation of jobs, products, and services, in addition to supporting their local communities.
The MBDA select honorees from nominated clients based on their historical financial success, economic impact, and involvement in community activities. Firms may receive an award for outstanding achievement in one of six industries: construction, distributor, green energy, technology, global/export, and professional services. Each honoree is awarded three days of federal contracting training and a scholarship to attend the annual National MBDA Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week in Washington, D.C.
19th Annual Minority Business Awards Reception - June 26th
On June 29, 2014, the Mayor's Office of Economic Development held its 19th Annual Minority Business Award Reception at the City Club Los Angeles. Below are our 2014 Honorees:
- Media Firm of the Year: Transition Music & Media Corporation, Donna Ross-Jones
- Professional Services Firm of the Year: ICDC Publishing, Inc., Sharon E. Brown
- Technology Firm of the Year: Lumen21, Inc., Eduardo Don, Jr.
18th Annual Minority Business Awards and Conference - May 14th & 15th
On May 14, 2013, the Mayor's Office of Economic and Business Policy held its 18th Annual Minority & Small Business Conference. On May 15, 2013, The Mayor's Office of Economic and Business Policy hosted its 18th Annual Minority Business Awards.
The 2013 Honorees are:
- Construction Firm of the Year: Alameda Construction Services, Inc., Kevin Ramsey
- Distributor Firm of the Year: Omega Pacific Electrical Supply, Inc., Todd Lewis
- Global Firm of the Year: Naerok Group International, Young Park
- Green Firm of the Year: GigaWatt, Inc., Deep Patel
- Professional Services Firm of the Year: Zeesman Communications, Inc., Bonnie Nijst
- Technology Firm of the Year: JM Fiber Optics, Inc., Kenneth Rivera
- Technology Runner-Up Firm of the Year: CC-OPS, Inc., Amy Dickerson
17th Annual Minority Business Awards - Mar 27th
On March 27, 2012, the Mayor's Office of Economic and Business Policy held the 17th Annual Minority Business Awards & Conference. "This year's theme, 'Fostering Strategic Business Growth for Job Creation', highlights the single most important goal of the MBDA program- job creation- and acknowledges the accomplishment and contributions that outstanding minority business enterprises (MBE's) and program partners have made to the local economy and MBE development," stated the Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa.The 2012 Honorees were:
- Construction Firm of the Year: TEC Constructors & Engineers, Timothy Coffey
- Technology Firm of the Year: 3S Global Business Solutions, Inc., Sujit Ghosh & Sam Mookerjee
- Green Energy Firm of the Year: FCI Management Consultants, Patricia Watts
- Green Environmental Firm of the Year: Sapphos Environmental, Inc., Marie Campbell
- Global/Export Firm of the Year: Aldelano Corporation, Inc., Alfred Hollingsworth